Dermal fillers are a popular and versatile anti-ageing treatment that:-
- Lifts the skin leaving it smooth
- Contoured and youthful
With instant result and no down- time it’s easy to understand why it is one of the most popular anti-ageing treatments available. The most popular treatment areas include: -
- Nose to Mouth Grooves (also known Nasal labial folds)
- Mouth to chin (also known Marionette lines)
- Frown Lines & Forehead Lines
- Cheeks - to lift and volumise the whole face
- Chin & Jaw line - to sculpt and define
- Acne Pits & Scarring
- Lip Lines - to fill lipstick lines, also known as smoker's lines
- Lip Filler - to define the vermillion boarder and add volume to the body of the lips
Dermal fillers are a man made, non-animal, substance that mimics the body’s natural depleted hyaluronic acid. Once injected the fillers provide support and structure to the skin, giving a plumped and youthful appearance. The semi-permanent fillers provide safe, long-lasting and natural results.
What to expect directly after your treatment
- Post treatment there may be some tenderness, redness and swelling to the site, this is very normal and will subside, usually within a few days
- No recovery time is required after dermal filler treatment and you can return to day to day activities straight away
- Occasional bruising can occur; it is usually short term and lasts a few days. Dr Supriya will discuss your recovery and what to expect when you attend you appointment
After treatment advice
- Avoid wearing make-up for 12 hours post treatment
- Avoid extreme temperatures until redness and swelling subsides – no saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post treatment
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours minimum post treatment
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area
- Treatments are normally recommended every 6-12 months.
Book your consultation with Dr Mrinal Supriya who is an expert in this field and has worked all over the world
Frequently Asked Questions
Does dermal filler treatment hurt?
The anaesthetic in the dermal filler, a very small needle and Dr Askari’s expert technique make dermal filler treatment relatively comfortable even for those new to injectable treatments.
When will I see the results after dermal filler treatment?
Results from dermal filler treatment are instant and may improve in the days and weeks after.
How long will the results of dermal filler last?
This will depend on the type of dermal filler used and the treatment area. Lips will last from approximately 6-12 months.
Are dermal fillers safe?
Modern dermal fillers are extremely safe, so much so that no test patches are required before treatment. It is important to answer questions about medical history, medications and previous treatment accurately to ensure that you are suitable for treatment. Common complications include temporary redness and possible bruising.